Zira Port operates a fleet of different types of vessels designed to effectively provide services to the offshore oil and gas industry such as construction of offshore production platforms, anchor-handling, platform supply, geological research, installation of oil-gas pipelines and their maintenance during operation period, emergency recovery and response, crew transfer, transportation different types of cargo and other offshore services related to exploration and production of oil and gas.
Refueling of cargo vessels is known as bunkering – an activity that is performed daily at ports all around the world. Bunkering is done while a ship is docked. Upon request, bunkering is taken while the vessel is at anchor in a harbor.
The fuel is brought into the yard on 10 m3 tank trucks and then pumped into the 10 m3 tankers buried on the northwest side of the facility. It is then transported to the jetty area by a pipeline running near the east wall of the premises. The pipeline is protected inside a concrete trench to prevent any leakage meet safety standards. Stuff, equipment and machinery involved in transportation and supply of dangerous goods services meet local and international standards.
It is the responsibility of Zira Port to ensure any and all operating procedures take into account the highest level of safety, security and environmental protection. Bunkering procedures follow world-wide standards and are under constant assessment and review.
Solid Waste Management
- The garbage containers located inside the premises are sufficient to store household and domestic waste. If necessary, an additional trash chute will be provided for storing hazardous waste.
- A 10 m3 garbage truck will be available for collection and transportation of the waste from the yard to the disposal area. The transported trash is then recycled at the “Tamiz Shahar” LLC disposal yard. A document indicating the disposal information will be provided. All vehicles have the necessary licenses and permits for waste management.
Liquid Waste Management
- Zira Port can provide collecting, transporting and disposal services for the following liquid wastes generated on the vessels.
- Oily water – Water mixed with either oil, petroleum or other chemical substances. Oily water requires additional care during transportation and disposal.
- Grey water – wastewater is mainly generated in households. The source is mainly sinks, showers, washing machines and etc. The mixture is mostly neutral and requires less care.
- Sewage (black water) — wastewater containing feces, urine and flush water from flush toilets or toilet paper. Black water contains pathogens and therefore requires special attention when processing.
- Government designated disposal areas in Hovsan and Gardagh are present for the disposal of the liquid wastes stated above. Special suction vehicles will be collecting and transporting all the liquid wastes to the related areas. All vehicles will have the necessary certification and licensing for transporting hazardous and neutral wastes.
Fresh water is transported into the yard through a branch pipeline connected to the Oghuz-Gabala-Baku water pipeline. It is then stored in a 150 ton tank container, buried on the far north end of the premises. A 1430 m water pipeline is laid throughout the perimeter of the facility. Pumps are installed near the tank to deliver 30 m3/h of water. A meter will be measuring the volume of water transferred to the vessels for calculating the overall monthly supply.
Upon entry into Zira Port, all commercial vessels (regardless of their size) need to contact the control tower, request pilotage, and enter the port under the guidance and steering of the port pilot.
Pilotage is understood to be an advisory service for the captains of vessels and floating craft, which is given on board these vessels and craft, to enable them to enter and leave a port, and to carry out the corresponding nautical maneuvers within the port and within the geographical boundaries of the pilotage area, under safe conditions and in the terms set out in the corresponding law, in the regulations governing this service, and in the specific service requirements.
Mooring and Unmooring
Stevedoring Services — This port service integrates the loading, stowage, unloading and transhipment of goods, object of sea traffic, which allow their transfer between ships or between them and land or other means of transport.
Transportation services in Zira Port are carried out by ADO-G Logistics LLC. The company has all the necessary vehicles for transportation of passengers, cargos, dangerous goods, etc. ADO-G Logistics is capable to organize the entire logistics process for individuals and corporations, from transporting client’s goods to providing value-added services such as storage, inventory, etc. Goods can easily, quickly and sustainably be transported from Zira Port to any region in Azerbaijan and abroad.
Crew Transfer Services
Zira Port has a specially designed passage for transportation of large and small crews from terminal area to vessels. Prior to boarding the vessel, crew members that are listed on the check-list are gathered in front of the main gate for HSE and other related procedures. Upon finishing the procedures, passengers walk towards the vessels under the supervision of the terminal official. Only listed crew members that have passed the necessary procedures are allowed to board the vessels. The captain of the vessel takes over authority after the passengers have boarded the vessels.
Shipping & freight
All service providers in Zira Port aim to handle logistics in the most efficient, safest and quickest way. From berthing the largest container vessel to the scanning of trucks by customs and the transport of goods to their final destination..
- Choice of dozens of logistics service providers
- Good cooperation between pilots, boatmen and tug boats
- In Zira Port, you will find everything a vessel may need
«ADO-G Marine Services» LLC based on the Customer’s request provides ship agency in good faith in the interests of ship owners and in accordance with the contractual terms of individual written instructions of the ship owner and the usual marine practice. It acts within the general powers of the sea agent, in accordance with the Merchant Shipping Code, the Civil Code and other legal acts regulating legal relations.
«ADO-G Marine Services» LLC represents the interests of ship owners, making every effort to complete the steps related to the production activities of ship owners and ship owners instructions. It provides and protects the interests of the ship owners in all the public authorities at the sea port of Zira.